American Martial Arts Institute
Glow Ball Golf Tournament
This is an opportunity to laugh, have fun and relax together. We are only doing one tournament and the date is set for Saturday, June 15, 2019. You do not need to be good at playing golf. Get your four person team selected and sign up before all the team spots are gone.
All four of our martial arts styles are participating, which includes the empty hand, iaido, cane, and kendo styles. This event is about doing something different and fun with some of the proceeds going to a worthy cause. This year the donation will be going to the Utica Blind and Visually Impaired agency, who also have staff members participating.
We have also opened this event to other individuals outside of these two groups by invitation. We look to have a great time and look forward to sharing this experience with our invited community guests. The fee includes food and there are prizes for certain challenges on certain holes.
The fee is $40.00 per person. Checks should be made out to Holland Heights Golf Course or you can pay in cash. Five (5) dollars of the fee will go to the Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
Tee Time will be 8:30 pm or 9:00 pm
Date is Saturday, June 15, 2019.
Back up Rain Date is Saturday, June 22, 2019.
Check the American Martial Arts Institute on Facebook to find out if the event is being rescheduled due to weather.
You may bring as many flashlights to tie to your golf cart as you wish to assist you to see.
You may buy your own glow balls or buy them there for $5.00 each (they offer white, blue, green, or red).
Attire is whatever is comfortable for the weather conditions.
Held at: Holland Heights Golf Course
1228 Steuben Hill Rd.
Herkimer, New York 13350
Checks should be made out to: Holland Heights Golf Course.
Food is included:
Holland Heights Golf Course is providing salad, Italian bread and chicken riggies.
The American Martial Arts Institute is providing cheese pizza and pepperoni pizza.
After the 9 holes a presentation will be made to the CABVI by the owner of Holland Heights
Golf Course and Grandmaster Crandall, the organizer of this event. This will be followed
by prizes given regarding the best score on four of the nine holes. These holes will be
announced at the end of everyone's round.
TEAM OPENINGS ARE CLOSED. WE HAVE 18 TEAMS. THE LAST THREE WILL BE POSTED
SOON. IF YOU WISH TO PUT YOUR NAME ON A WAITING LIST FOR POSSIBLE
INDIVIDUAL SLOT OPENINGS SEE GRANDMASTER CRANDALL.
Rules and Guidelines:
1) We are playing "Best Ball" for each team.
2) Two teams at each hole. The first hole is played while it is still light out.
3) Men will hit from the White Tees and Women will hit from the Red Tees. If no one on your team hits the ball after three
strokes (swings), a designated thrower on you team may hand-throw the ball as far as they can. Designated throwers can
only be used off the Tees.
4) Keep in mind these are gas engine golf carts. You will not be able to draw electricity from them. You will need a drivers licence if you are a driver. You are strongly encouraged to put as many lights, glow sticks, flash lights, flood lights or work lights as
you can on them to help you see and for others to see you.
5) This is a non-alcohol activity. There are juice, soft drinks, and water there for you to purchase or you can bring your own.
6) There will be a fifty-fifty drawing which will also contribute to the donation to the CABVI donation.
7) If June 15 is cancelled because of rain, tornado, flood, zombie apocalypse, or hurricane the rain date is June 22. If the 15 is
cancelled it will be on our School's and the Holland Heights Golf Course's Facebook page by 1:00 pm that day. For those who
do not know what Facebook is you can call the Secure Living Online number which is 315-278-7157.
8) Glow balls will be available there for five dollars each. Holland Heights will have four colors. You should have 3 or 4 before
going out to play. You may want to bring a permanent marker to identify your glow ball from your teammates'.
9) At 7:30 PM, for those who wish, there will be a sight-seeing golf cart parade following the cart trail through the 9 holes so that
everyone can see the layout of the course before it gets dark.
10) Anyone under 18 who is participating will need to have their signed, completed release form with them that night.
11) We are not wearing uniforms. Wear comfortable clothes and footwear that will allow you to maneuver various types of
12) The last rule is: Any other rules deemed necessary by Grandmaster Crandall to maintain safety within the chaos.
Grandmaster Crandall with his 2018 Glow Ball Team before the first Tee
Clifford Crandall Jr.
David H Faulkner
David F Faulkner
Anthony Rocco III
Anthony Rocco Jr.
Edna Rodriguez - Plate
Camila Rodriguez - Plate
Team 9: (cabvi team)
The other three members names have
not been released as of yet. Although the
rumor is that they are professionals?
Things that make you go Hmmmmm.
This team slot is on hold at this time.
The tournament will be held on the first nine holes of this 18 hole course. The course is much more expansive than it appears on this map. The first hole from the white tee is 524 yards and the red tee is 433 yards. The second hole white tee is 456 yards and the red tee is 435 yards. Third hole white tee is 361 yards and the red tee is 301 yards. Fourth hole from white tee is 208 yards and the red tee is 128 yards. Fifth hole from white tee is 252 yards and the red tee is 208 yards. Sixth hole from white tee is 405 yards and the red tee is 325 yards. Seventh hole from white tee is 132 yards and the red tee is 113 yards. Eighth
hole from white tee is 358 yards and the red tee is 240 yards. Ninth hole from white tee is 413 yards and the red tee is 352 yards.